Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009 Accomplishments

2009 started off when great aspirations to train for a marathon and qualify for Boston. Although I didn't run a marathon in 2009 because of injuries, I did hit 1000 miles and ran many PR races.   


Starting the year off, I ran the Lost Dutchman half marathon and the Ragnar Relay in February 2009 and had a great time.  I ran the Cota 5K, got a PR and was astonished to have dropped down in the 22 minute range for the 5K. I was on track with my marathon training when I was sidelined with IT and then hip issues.  I was devastated.  I had to drop out of the marathon and the Wasatch Ragnar Relay.  I did start riding my bike and doing a lot of swimming (alot for me at least). After weeks of PT I finally quit going and said screw it, I'm going to run even with the discomfort and finally the hip pain went away.  I was running again, ran a PR and was second female at Race Judicata and was training for a December marathon when on a long run I decided to do a face plant and sprained my ankle.  I was devastated again (my poor boyfriend).  


During this time I rode my bike more and I also started the RAK's.  Doing something for someone and hopefully making their day, put a bright spot into my day. 


My first race back after the sprained ankle was a double header where I got a PR in the 10K but dragged my butt with leaden legs in the 5K.  John and I hiked for 4 days in the Grand Canyon in November and we saw the turquoise blue water of the Little Colorado.    I ran the Turkey Trot, beat the Turkey and got another PR. For my final race of the year was the Tucson Half Marathon and another PR.


My accomplishments for 2009 include:

  • Starting this blog (actually my very first entry was 12/28/08)
  • Turning 40
  • Running 2 half marathons, 3 5K's, 2 10K's and one relay
  • PR's in the 5K, 10K, and half marathon
  • Hitting 1000 miles
  • Being co-host twice on Runners Round Table
  • Editing books and e-books by Coach Dean: Coach, I Couldn't Run Because...Excuses not to Run and Excuses to Overcome Them, Runners Take Your Mark, The Parents Guide to Track and Field, Screw the Goals; Give Me the Donut
  • Helping test a program for athletes www.gowagon.com.
  • Hiking the Grand Canyon
  • Traveling to Madrid and Barcelona
  • Putting together a 101 things to do in 1001 days list
  • Making many new bloggie friends.
Having this blog has allowed me to meet many new people, learn more about running, along with making it easy to see all that I have accomplished during the year.

Happy New Year Everyone!!!


4 comments:

Jill said...

You had an incredible year, very good indeed!! May 2010 provide you lots and lots of healthy, happy miles!! It's been a pleasure meeting you through blog world and I can't wait to share the 2010 road with you! Happy New Year!

TMB said...

Talk about an amazing year. You've accomplished so much! Can't wait to hear all that is to come for you in 2010!

GISRunner said...

Wow, what a year! You have an amazing list of accomplishments & I'm sure 2010 holds even greater milestones for you!

Zoƫ said...

Congrats on such a great year of accomplishments! Here's to a fantastic 2010 for you! And a BQ!