Thursday, January 13, 2011

How I'll be Watching the PF Changs Marathon

The Pf Changs Rock n Roll Marathon is this weekend in Phoenix.  Even though I'm not running it, I'm excited because the Expo is awesome. I take a long lunch, ride the metro down to the convention center and spend the next hour walking all the aisles and seeing all the cool  stuff.  I can't wait.

Yesterday I went to lunch with Coach Dean and I was telling him  I was going to watch the marathon at 32nd and Camelback and had never seen elite runners before,  outside of TV.   Dean told me about the opportunities he's had to be on the press truck with his friend Joe English.  One thing lead to another and Dean called Joe to see if he could get us press passes to be on the press truck. Joe, knowing the race director got a YES answer a couple hours later.  I get to watch the marathon  in the press truck that drives in front of the lead elite runners.  How cool is that!

Coach Dean, in order to get these passes, needs to do a favor for Joe...interview Kara Goucher, who is running the half.  At this point I'm hardly able to contain my excitement.  I already have a commitment on Saturday but am working to change it so I too can go to the interview with Kara.  Regardless Coach Dean has asked me to help put together questions. Are there any questions you would want to ask Kara? 


Happy Running!

9 comments:

Allie said...

Super awesome!!! Enjoy watching the speedsters up close and personal.

Emz said...

so awesome.
so jealous!!

I'll be like an hour behind Kara. ;)

Jamoosh said...

Sweet!

havedentalflosswilltravel.com said...

Very cool! I wish I had some insights on great questions, but I'm not coming up with anything unique. Looking forward to reading about the interview experience!

Andrew Opala said...

Cool!

Adrienne said...

You and Dean are so awesome!! Have fun.

Her Name is Rio said...

That is awesome! Love, love, love Kara. But totally not in a stalker-like way. Seriously. :) Ask her why she started running?

Giorgio said...

May you have a wonderful weekend in Phoenix with the PF Changs
Rock n Roll Marathon!

Mike said...

That's awesome! I can't wait to hear take on the race. I have a question for Kara. I know she plans on running Boston, but what races will she do before hand to prepare for it?