Saturday, June 12, 2010

Group Run

We had our first group run from our house this morning. We are having a cool spell in Phoenix and the weather as absolutely perfect, mid-70's, awesome for a run in June.  We ran over to the canal, 3 miles to the gas station where we stopped for water and back again. It was so awesome running and chatting and not worrying about pace.

Once home,  I pulled out my new Keurig single cup coffee maker that I had bought for just these occasions, ice tea,  Costco muffins,watermelon and cantaloupe.  I loved showing people how they could choose their flavor of coffee, and how to work the Keurig to make their coffee. I'm not a coffee drinker and wanted to offer people coffee that wasn't stale and was elated when a co-worker told me about the Keurig. It can make hot chocolate and tea too.  I'll have to look for other variety packs once I start getting low.

Hanging around outside drinking ice tea and eating muffins was a perfect start to the day. I only wish I had a picture of our group to share.

Happy Running!

7 comments:

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

That sounds like such a fun morning! I like the idea of sharing a snack after the run! I like your new template, too!

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

Back again! If you want pages listed at the top (I think that's what you meant by tabs in your blog comment), go to Dashboard, Design/Add and Arrange Page Elements page, add a gadget and add a page. Hope that helps!

ajh said...

Was it you that first blogged about "What the Runner Saw? I just saw it on your sidebar. I really like that podcast and I was trying to remember who mentioned it.

Anonymous said...

Woah - you need to bottle that weather!

Lindsay said...

i love my keurig. i do drink coffee - but always hated having to clean up the grounds lol.

sounds like a great group run! i need runner friends to run/have brunch with :(

Ed said...

Thanks for the post and for the motivation... I've been debating whether or not to join the local road runners' club. Seems like that kind of thing was a blast for you. I'm gonna give it a shot, too.

The Boring Runner said...

So, I may have missed it - but was this an informal group run or was it with EVR or ARR? I'm a member of EVR, but I've sort of fallen out of habit with running with them.