Thursday, October 21, 2010

Maestro Grünhorn and His Magical Leaf

Little did I know the great musical talents of my Grand Canyon hiking mates.  On the way up we joked we should buy Scott a harmonica so he could fill the shoes of his Honey Boy nickname.  John throughout the hike repeatedly sang It's a Small World to be prepared to sing it for his momma in December in Disneyland (gosh, I "only" have 2 more months of listening to him sing it).   John was surprised I knew one of the stanza's and now he's practicing that too.  But nothing could prepare me for Maestro Grünhorns musical abilities and the lesson he gave his upcoming musical star Michele.

This is my first attempt at ever posting a video on YouTube and putting it on my blog and I actually learned you don't have to have it on YouTube first...you can put it directly to your blog from your computer.  How much easier can than be.  Watch out world, now I'll be taking video everywhere.  Oh, and you'll have to excuse the bouncing of the camera as I am unable to contain my laughter.






5 comments:

Ewa said...

I have to try that. I remember as kids we used to play all kinds of 'instruments' and then I forgot. Time to refresh the memory and have some musical fun.

Johann said...

That's really great. I remember my dad doing that with a piece of wood or something. I must still try the video thing myself. You've got me all pumped to go on some hiking expedition.

Lindsay said...

so is that really a leaf? that is talent.

ihaverun said...

What talent! Looking forward to more videos in the future!

Glenn Jones said...

Ah yes. The old days of grass blades and empty raisin boxes....