|3 of my awesome volunteers got into the Ragnar mood quickly with their tattoos|
|Denyse checking in volunteers|
|Me and Rae and our (ugly) fluffy tutus. (I have wig envy...Rae's wig was prettier than mine)|
Thoughts on SWAT
- Fantastic opportunity to get an inkling of what goes on behind the scenes.
- Guys are stronger with directing traffic and parking.
- Wearing a bright colored wig makes it easy to find you.
- In a world of business where everyone has to be efficient, it's ok if volunteers hang out doing nothing and chat.
- Keep your volunteers till the end because there is still lots of stuff to take down and put away after the last runner has gone through.
- Get in contact with the exchange during the last shift to learn when the last runner is through.
- Use Ragnar command central to let them know what's going on (arriving/last runner/concerns)
It's great seeing the teams and runners. Here are a couple pics.