Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Running Question Challenge - Who got you started doing a running blog?

Feel free to comment or answer the question on your own blog. Click here to see past questions.


Is there someone who you can give credit to for getting you started on a running blog?

Two people get credit for starting me on a running blog.  One, is my boyfriend.  He was joking with me telling me I should see if Lazy Bones Running was available.  Once I took that step, that's all it took.  But the reason that we were even talking blogs is my friend Lesley at Going the Extra Mile.  I met Lesley through Buckeye Outdoors, a great site to log all your workouts, diet, training plans, etc.  She commented one day on my workout.  I didn't know the commenting feature was even there.  I searched her out on Buckeye,  found her profile and saw she had a blog talking about my favorite subject, running.  From there I found other blogs about running too.  My world expanded into blogs and what other people were doing. Thanks Lesley for getting me hooked on blogging!


7 comments:

Anne said...

I credit my best friend Miglena who strongly encouraged me to think about writing a blog. Basically, her words were, "you're old, you're sick and yet you run" :) Okay, not really, I'm kidding, she was much kinder...but, she thought it might inspire others. Mostly, joining the blog world has inspired me :)

Johann said...

I actually got inspired by blogs I found via Buckeye Outdoors, including yours!

Ewa said...

I needed some accountability. I keep a training log but this is dry and there is not enough place for notes about how I feel, or pictures to show where I've been. Having bloggy friends support is priceless and no training log will replace that.

Pining for Pinterest said...

I started to make myself accountable for my weight loss and it started to drift to running since that was helping me lose weight :)

Lesley Looper said...

Thanks for the shoutout, Christina! It was cool to discover the comment function on Buckeye, and I think you were the first runner who responded back!

I've so enjoyed following your blog! And I recently listened to your BQ experience on the podcast, "The Race Report!" It was fun to hear the interactive dialogue about it after reading your race report here.

I started blogging to make the training for my first 5K a little more public. I didn't know if anyone would read my blog or not, but the thought that someone MIGHT read it was pretty motivating. It also became my online exercise journal, before I started using BuckeyeOutdoors and the like. Following the example of you and running bloggers out there, my running blog has become a bit more narrative, which has been a good way for me to think about my run and how it went, beyond just the numbers.

ajh said...

My daughter, ESH - Sweat Once A Day, when she was home for Christmas spent a lot of time on her blog. I had started on earlier but had maybe made one post. Her excitement got me going.

Lindsay said...

my fiance, boyfriend at the time. he basically told me he was a little tired of hearing me talk about my running all the time and said i should start a blog :) lol