Sunday, October 13, 2013

Hart Prairie- Photography Class

I can't believe it's been since August that I've posted.  I am running and training for the women's half in Scottsdale and if the stars and moon align, the Tucson Marathon. Ramping up for the marathon I've had a strained calf and quad so the photography class over the weekend north of Flagstaff was a welcome rest from running.

Class started at 10am up at Hart Prairie,  240 acres of land held by The Nature Conservancy.  The rustic, off the grid environment, made for a perfect location to take pictures of the fall colors.  A large, beautiful meadow expanse butted up to pine trees and aspens, just starting to turn.  The cabins were quaint and the composting toilet was actually quite pleasant.

Arizona Highways offers photo workshops and while this was my 4th class, it was my first weekend format.  The focus was Adobe Lightroom along with landscape photo shoots.  Being a newbie photographer the opportunities of learning were endless.


Some people might think the worst part about landscape photography are the early morning hours.  Waking up at 4:45am really wasn't that hard.  Standing outside in the freezing cold and not being able to wear gloves because gloves make the camera inoperable made me want to never take another photograph again.  The other thing that I disliked, and it surprised me, was how lazy I am. I would see the point on the hill we'd need to hike up to and all I could think was how far that was.  I would rather run it but walk it?!  Ugh.  So I became quite cold and lazy but I managed a few good pictures

3 comments:

Johann said...

Beautiful photos! I've been tempted to do a class like that. I would rather run up than walk as well :) Hope the calf and quad is sorted soon.

Giorgio said...

I'm so pleased to see you back blogging and giving us the opportunity to see those stunning places.

Unknown said...

I echo Johann's remark-they really are beautiful photographs. Where did you learn photography?