Saturday, April 18, 2009

Teleferic de Montjuic

Waking up before the alarm (assuming I would have actually heard it), I laced up my shoes and went out for my run. Friday would be the last day running in Barcelona and I headed south towards the wharf. Running down La Rambla again I was amazed to now recognize the street performers that had their cases for their costumes setting out and they were sitting there drinking their coffee and talking with each other. The tile on the ground still had an opticial illlusion of being wavy but I now knew that the street was flat and not uneven like I thought it was a couple days ago.

Turning east I ran along the wharf and came to the 92 flag poles that waved the flags of all the countries that participated in the 1992 olympics. At that point I headed back to the hotel through the gothic section of town. I ran through little alleys that I would never venture into at night but loved running through in the day.

After breakfast (eating more than my fair share of the little elephant ear pastries), we took the metro to go on the Teleferic de Montjuic. the metro was right in front of Casa Batillo, which is another house by Gaudi, with flowers oon the face of the house and curvy balconies.







The Teleferic de Monjuic is overhead tram took us up to the castle with spectacular views of the city, shipping yards and the ocean. The weather held out for us until later in the day, when the clouds again poured rain on us.
Tomorrow...Madrid.

No comments: