Saturday, August 22, 2009

Lazy Bones

Keeping true to my blog name today I am a very lazy bones. The alarm went off at 4:30am but it was storming with wind, rain and lightening. I quickly climbed back into bed and slept until 8am. That is 10 hours of sleep! Getting so much sleep has left me sluggish and feeling guilty. Today was an off day anyway but I wanted to go for a bike ride to feel like I did something.

The past 3 days I have been in Denver and ran on Thursday and Friday morning just under 3 miles. It was wonderful running in the cooler weather. Being in Denver at a work function where all the meals are provided meant a really bad diet. Knowing that next week is the start of marathon training and a better diet, I splurged on the desserts at lunch and dinner. They were very good but I'm glad to be home in a controlled food environment. Next week I'm traveling to Tucson to take a training class but I'll be buying my own meals and making better food selections.

Happy Running!


No comments: