Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Terquita

I was bound and determined to go for a run this morning. It has been 2 weeks and 3 days and darn it, it’s time to get back on the road.  First, I put a heat pack on the ankle hoping that would warm it up. Next,  I walked to the end of the street, started to jog and it was very tight and uncomfortable.  I was favoring my foot and probably looked pretty gimpy.  Because I was compensating heavily and I didn’t want to cause additional injury, I turned back around for home and grabbed the bike.  On the bike ride I realized that I didn’t give it enough time to warm up and work the kinks out.  When I got back I jogged around the block with a little more success. 

Although I am a terquita (little stubborn one), I do want to be smart and not cause additional injury.  I recognize that it will take me a bit to work out the stiffness and it won’t happen overnight, nor will it go away all by itself.  I will go out each day and bike and once its warmed up jog around the block.  Then I’ll jog around the block twice, maybe by the weekend I can run a mile or heck, even two.   If each day I keep moving it, keep working on working through the soreness and kinks (within reason), it will be no time before I’m running again. 

Besides turning off my Buckeyeoutdoors emails on my daily training schedule, I haven’t done anything with my running schedule yet.  I’m anxious to pull it out and see if I could be ready for  the PF Changs Rock N’Roll marathon in January but I know that until I can run it doesn’t make sense to try and put together the schedule yet.  If the January marathon doesn’t work, there is one in Surprise, Arizona in February but at that point the rates for Boston jump up for 2010.  I suppose I could qualify and then run in 2011 but remember I'm a terquita and I already have the room for Boston all figured out and just need to qualify.

No comments: