Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Glass of Red Wine

Finishing a glass of red wine I realize (ok, I admit) that I shouldn't be having any wine.  I buy the individual bottles, which is more than I would drink if I had just a glass from a regular bottle.  I'm also a light weight and feel buzzed from the glass.  I guess the worse thing is the mood it puts me in, which is melachony but with a touch of sadness. I also lose motivation to do anything around the house, which will put me in a grumpy mood in the morning by having so much to do.

I'm in a running funk right now.  I ran this morning and it went well but I don't have the desire to run tomorrow morning.  I don't have a desire to train right now.  Maybe its because I don't know when I will run a marathon or even if I can.  If you read my day 2 blog of the Grand Canyon, you'll have read about my doubts.  Maybe I lack the confidence and after some good runs, I'll feel better about it all.

As I said at the beginning, I don't think I should have any wine.  It puts me in a funk.

Does wine put you into a funk?  What do you do to get out of it? Have you been in a funk like this and just work through it?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if you arent experiencing a form of post race/workout blues that my brother mentioned in his blog. You just completed something that you had planned for for a long time...your hike of the canyon..and now its completed..and there is a let down. Seems pretty natural to me. give it a week or so...you'll be back

Jim

Teamarcia said...

I just found you blog and hate to see you in a funk! I am a total lightweight when it comes to wine--or anything alcoholic for that matter--therefore I barely ever have any.
Get a race on the calendar--come on you can do it! Really!

Jenn said...

You need to drink MORE wine. One glass always makes you tired and funky! A few more and you're the life of the party!! Kidding-but know from experience! I really only drink wine when I'm done with everything for the day or I do get that same feeling! Sometimes you just get in a little slump all around and the wine probably amplifies it a bit. Take a little break, get a race on your calendar and you'll be good to go!

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

Funks and doubts are NORMAL..

The words are Iron on Decals that I bought in the craft section at Walmart...also sold at craft stores. Just make sure you do it on a less expensive shirt, I never want to wear that top now :)