Thursday, December 3, 2009

Rak #9

One of the departments had a big team meeting where everyone was locked up in the training room.  They weren’t really locked up but they were all in the meeting leaving a section of the building empty for me to prowl about and safely deliver a RAK.  Today’s recipient is male.  Giving the males something is more challenging that females.  Females I feel comfortable delivering candles or lotion or just about anything.  Males, not so much.  A guy would not appreciate and may take it as sexual harassment if I delivered him body butter.   Today’s item was a little box (like two or possibly as many as 3) of chocolate covered cherries.  Hmmm, now that I think about it, maybe it was too girly.

In a couple of days I'll be posting my 101 things in 1001 days list.  On my list is to do 100 RAK's within those 1001 days.  I was talking to a co-worker the other day in the break room telling her about my RAK list and showed it to her.  I wasn't even thinking that my co-worker, a potential RAK receiver, could discover it was me delivering the RAK's within the office.  She didn't say anything and its possible she didn't really notice it or understand what it was.  I guess time will tell.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

I think it's really cool that you do this. Does your heart beat a little faster when you are scoping out who is next?

Pining for Pinterest said...

I think that is great what you are doing! I hope you have a great weekend :-)

Lisa said...

I just read your comment on my blog about when you got injured... so you were off for 3 weeks huh? How long before you could walk on it? I want to run so bad but I can't even walk on it yet and it's been 6 days. I'm starting to worry that I might be off for longer than I am preparing myself for and that is sometime in January.

GISrunner said...

RAK: what a great idea. I need to figure out how to incorporate that as well.

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I did hear the shout-out from Ashland Dave. I need to email him. I fell of the running wagon for a few weeks & was a little embarassed to write him during that funk. Now that I'm putting in a few miles again, I'll do it soon.

Jill said...

Very fun you are doing the half in Tucson and bf the full. I see you don't live too far (Isn't Chandler a sub of Phoenix? Maybe I'm wrong)...will you guys be staying in town for the race? Would be fun to meet up..at least get a picture together to blog post :).