I’ve been thinking about a big flag with small flags from various countries on it for some time now and decided I can just as well start it with this little flag. I then decided as this flag went through a race with me why not cover a big flag with small flags that were carried through races?Giorgio asked me if he could send the flag to me I was flattered. Of course!
My idea is to create the International Running flag of Friendship. This would be a white flag covered with small flags that were carried in races by anyone that would like to get their name on the flag like this:
Here are the countries the flag has traveled to:
South Africa (twice)
Australia (with a cute vegemite pin)
USA (three times)
Here are the rules (easy peasy)
- Someone will nominate you to be the next person to receive the International Running Flag of Friendship. You are free to decline in which case the person will nominate someone else.
- Decide which small flag of your country, state, province, family, sports team or whatever you want to add to the big flag(banner).
- Carry the small flag of your choice during a race or run. You don’t have to carry it in your hand and can even have it in your pocket or backpack.
- Take photos of the event and small flag.
- Attach the small flag to the big flag(banner). Don't worry about a pro job. We are not giving points for the best sewing or cleanest flag. Mine still carries the battle scars from the Odyssey Ultra Johann carried it in.
- Write your name underneath the small flag.
- Take photos of the big and small flag and your name.
- Nominate the next person.
- Send the big flag to the next person who does the same until the flag(banner) is full.
- The last person will (must please) return the flag(banner) to Johann
- Johann will carry and/or display the flag at chosen events I participate in.
The next stop is France. My friend Frederic (who I met through Linked In) will run with the flag in October.
Here is what the flag looks like now.
|Australia Flag with a Vegemite pin|
|Go Vegemite (the stuff tastes terrible)|