Saturday, May 16, 2009

Goal setting

The great thing about goals is you can redefine them. Oh, my goal is still to qualify for Boston but I want to change my sub-goals.

Goal: Run a Boston Qualifying marathon in 2009 with a 3:50 or less.

Subgoal:
  1. Run NO MORE than 5 days a week
  2. Take one full day of rest
  3. Run one long run, one speed work and one tempo run a week
  4. Eat regularly with healthy snacks, watch red meat intake and reduce refined sugar
  5. Include strenghtening exercises 4-5 days a week. (monster walk and plank at a minimum)
As I think about my goals I realize I need shorter focus goals. I'm running Wasatch Ragnar in the middle of June and need to be ready. So my shorter term goals are to do my PT exercises and run 4-7 miles, go to Ragnar and have a blast.

1 comment:

sneakersister said...

I am constantly redefining my goals. Those look like good goals.