Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Monthly Wrap-Up

I am in week 6 of my 16 week marathon training schedule and running really strong. I am however feeling really tired the last couple weeks. I suppose it is a combination of increased mileage, not quite enough sleep and possibly nutrition. From the nutrition standpoint though I feel I’m doing really well. I focus on eating whole grains, try and add more veggie and no sweets, except for those special occasions (which I would love to make every day a special occasion so I could eat dessert). Last weekend I had a PR in a 5K race and was second overall female and 2nd in my age group.

My bike miles have decreased this month since I’m running more and I don’t think I rode my bike at all the last two weeks. I do want to continue to cross train on my bike so I’ll focus on biking and strengthening exercises on my off days during the next month.

Be sure to check out how you can win a free copy of "Coach I Didn't Run Because...Excuses Not to Run and How to Overcome Them.

No comments: