Saturday, December 19, 2009

Bear Creek Greenway

Running in Oregon is wonderful.  The predicted rain hasn't come yet and it hasn't been too cold.  When John and I were out in Oregon earlier this year, we saw a running path but never figured out how to the path.  Today I had a goal of looking for the path and headed out of the hotel to see what I could find.  We were crossing on an overpath of the freeway when John and I realized we passed the path and turned back and down on the running path.  The path was at least 20 miles long and there were markings on the path showing mileage.  John ran with me for 2.5 miles (he's recovering from his marathon) and I continued on to do my 14 mile run.

Being unsure of where I would be running, I took my phone with me and took advantage of having the ability to take pictures.  I'll try and post a couple pictures tomorrow.  The running trail was Bear Creek Greenway so I can only assume the river the path followed was Bear Creek.  In Arizona, I don't get a chance to run along creeks or even many trees, so I enjoyed the river, seeing trees, bird nests and a tree covered in mistletoe while everything was blanketed in fog.  I grew weary the last 2 miles of the run but am happy to be only 59 miles from my 1000 mile goal. 

5 comments:

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

YIPPEE!! You are very close, I finished my 1,000 yesterday.

Hope the rain holds off so you can run more on that path..

Thanks for the card :)

Preston said...

Wow that picture at the top of your blog is breathtaking.

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

Sounds like a great place for a run! Love seeing nature on a run!

Jill said...

You are sooo close to your 1000!! Sounds so pretty where you are...hope you're having a nice time!

TMB @ RACING WITH BABES said...

sounds like a great run! you're totally going to get to 1000!