- Show my house to prospective renter on Sunday night
- Renter implies that he wants the house on Friday
- John and I look each other and say OH CRAP and begin feverishly packing, arranging truck, housekeeper, carpet cleaner to be out Thursday.
- Communication with potential renter becomes spotty but finally on Wednesday he says he's renting a different house.
- We still move everything on Thursday (day before Ragnar race)
- Saturday, after Ragnar race, show house to another prospective tenant, who needs it ASAP and takes possession on Monday.
Although we were screaming while the band-aid was ripped off I'm glad that it is done. So now comes the process of figuring out where everything goes. John may disagree but I think I'm doing very well on identifying stuff to give to goodwill. We've already made 3 trips to Goodwill and I have another 2 boxes ready to go. It is so unsettling to be in a state of flux when unpacking. Soon life will be "normal" again (whatever the heck normal supposed to actually be).
I have made progress towards my 101 Things List including add a blue, pink or purple streak to my hair. Using permanent hair color added a dark fuscia, probably more of a red to my hair for Ragnar. Since that wasn't dramatic enough I also used blue, which was temporary but the pictures don't show off it well.
Alice and Chuck also opted for blue hair.
Now that the marathon and Ragnar is done, I don't have running plans. I think I switched over to the eating plan because I've put 4 pounds on in 2.5 weeks! Ack! I've signed up for a Crater Lake 13 mile run in August but don't have anything else on the schedule. If I don't have a goal I'll continue on the eating plan. Train for 5K's, which there are an abundance of? 10K's, which there aren't as many?
What do you think I should focus on? Have you been in this situation? What did you do?