Sunday, March 29, 2015

Artist in Residence - Hubbell Trading Post

I believe when I got my DSLR 3 years ago I posted about it but otherwise I've been pretty quiet about my photography. 

Back in November I applied to be an Arist in Residence (AiR) at Hubbell Trading Post. I thought out of all of the National Parks and National Park Historic sites that had AiR programs, this would be the most likely. It's not a huge site and a pretty remote location. My gamble paid off and I received an email letting me know that I was accepted.

May 16th to May 23rd, I'll be living onsite Hubbell Trading Post in a small stone hogan. For a full week I can focus on photography! There are so many places to see around there. Canyon de Chelly being the most popular and closest. I've never been to the area before and am looking forward to exploring.

Today Robert, an AiR last April, emailed me and was gracious enough to give me his number so we could talk about what to expect. He also emailed me pictures of the inside. I'm so thankful we talked because I now know to look for brown recluse spiders (he found 2 inside) and I can eat fresh eggs everyday.  The pics below are from Robert during his stay. What a cute place!

If you're interested in seeing pictures you can check out my site www.christinaheinlephotography.com. 
Image Image

3 comments:

CautiouslyAudacious said...

How exciting!! What a cool opportunity! I'll look forward to seeing the photographs.

Black Knight said...

It is really a great opportunity. Please don't kill the spiders.....

Blog27999 said...

As claimed by Stanford Medical, It is in fact the one and ONLY reason women in this country live 10 years longer and weigh on average 19 KG lighter than us.

(And by the way, it is not related to genetics or some secret-exercise and absolutely EVERYTHING to do with "HOW" they eat.)

BTW, I said "HOW", not "WHAT"...

CLICK this link to uncover if this quick quiz can help you release your true weight loss potential