Fall Harvest Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour (I substituted whole wheat flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup uncooked quick OR old fashioned oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium (2 cups) applies, peeled, cored, cut into 1/2 inch squares (I used 2 apples and with my food chopper chopped the heck out of these and didn't measure)
- 3 medium (1 1/2 cups) carrots, grated (could also substitute zucchini but I didn't try this)
- 3/4 cup dried cherries,coarsely chopped (I used dried cranberries, Craisens, instead.)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 Applesauce
- 1/2 cup melted butter ( 1 substituted applesauce for the butter making a total of 1 cup applesauce)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Heat over to 350 degrees. Place paper baking cups into 18 muffin pan cups or spray with no-stick cooking spray.
Combine flour, sugar, oatmeal, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add apples, carrots, dried cherries and nuts; stir until well mixed.
Beat eggs in medium bowl with wire whisk. Stir in melted butter, applesauce adn vanilla. Add egg mixture to flour mixture; stir until just moistened.
Evenly divide batter among muffin cups. Bake for 18 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool in pan 5 min; remove to cooling rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.