Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Running Challenge Question-Why do you read running blogs?


Why do you read running blogs?

This goes along with last weeks question about why you have a running blog.  Many of you already touched on the friendships you've developed by reading other blogs or learning about running.  I started reading blogs because Lesley of Going the Extra Mile befriended me through Buckeye Outdoors.   Finding other people that shared a passion of running led me to following everyone I could find and reading what they were doing.  I've developed many virtual friendships and love seeing what my friends are up to.   I was even able to meet Lesley last summer and because I followed her blog I knew about her races and training.  When we met we talked like we were continuing a conversation from yesterday.  

Besides the friendships I also like hearing what they are eating, what works/doesn't work.  I love it when people share healthy recipes and often I'm encouraged to eat healthier myself.  Hearing about their training schedules, while I wish they didn't have them, helps encourage me through my bouts of bad runs or injuries. It's like we are all in this together and we understand each other.  We are surrounded by friends.

Happy Running! 

8 comments:

Jim ... 50after40 said...

Great question - I read them because it reminds me that I'm not the only idiot out there in the dark morning hours pounding the pavement. It's great to read about other people with similar passions!

justme said...

inspiration, bonding,

Anonymous said...

I feel similarly to you - I like knowing that I'm not the only crazy one out there, I like feeling inspired by other people's training/eating/racing, etc...

And if we're being honest, I like reading the blogs of the people that I know read mine as well - I like that there's an exchange taking place, that we're all part of a bigger conversation.

Johann said...

I enjoy reading how others train and race. I find it fascinating to see how things are done in other countries, running and day to day living. I get a lot of motivation as well and there are some friends I have through blogging that I connect with on a more personal level. I also enjoy following the progress of various runners. Your blog was also one of the first I started following. I remember it took a while before I got the courage to comment on your blog.:)

ihaverun said...

I took a little break around the holidays from reading running blogs because I was starting to compare myself to other runners too much. I am trying to ease back into reading them because I get motivation from them that I can't get anywhere else.

The Path Traveled said...

I read them to be nourished, self motivated, learn, and cheer on those that have accomplished what I am just starting to do. Thank you for your blog, I love the support you have!

The Boring Runner said...

Why to I blog...... Now THERE is a good question. I think that the main reason is mostly for me. I love going back and reading old race reports, old times in my life when things were good - or not so good. I have over 3 years of written record of what I was doing at that specific point!

The Green Girl said...

When I first started my running blog, I didn't realize there were other running blogs out there. I don't recall offhand exactly how I 'discovered' there was this whole virtual running community but I love it.