Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Blogathon Begins

Happy May 1st (only 4 days to Cinco de Mayo) and I'm already wondering what I got myself into.  Blogging everyday for a month seemed like a good idea over the weekend when I was lounging around watching my favorite show Psych.  Now with life spinning around me again, I wonder if I can blog everyday for a month.

Yesterday the day started at 4am, a short 4 mile run then off to work where I'm dealing with an unexpected, emergency fire drill project; then to come home late and then continue to work by putting together paperwork for an eviction for a rental tenant. Joy!

The good news is I did get a 4 mile run in on Monday.  About a month ago, after weeks of hamstring tinges, the hamstring decided it had enough.  For the last month I'm been getting ART (active release therapy), doing strength exercises while doing little or no running.  I can't say I'm 100% but did get a long run in on Saturday and am leaning towards still running the Whiskey Row marathon this weekend.  If I walk the hills and treat it as a long run I can finish the race. The time doesn't matter. My concern is if the hamstring decides again it's had enough and then my other summer running plans are impacted.

Have you ever started a race not knowing if it was a good idea or not due to an injury?  What was the outcome? Do you regret your decision or did it turn out ok?

Happy Running!

3 comments:

Kenley said...

I have never ran a race injured so I can't answer that question, but 4am. That's me every day Mon - Sat. Hope your hamstring doesn't cause any problems for you.

Christy said...

Good luck this weekend. Hope the injury stays in check!

I don't know if I could blog every day for a month, but I look forward to reading yours ...everyday. :]

Ari @ Ari's Menu said...

Hey, I just found your blog from searching for Whiskey Row half marathon recaps. I'm running the half up there this year!